Hiring a masonry contractor can be a stressful process if you aren’t totally sure what you’re doing. However, it’s important to take your time, since the skill of the masonry contractor you select has a direct effect on the quality of the finished product. Here are some of our best tips for hiring the best masonry contractor.
Hiring the Right Masonry Contractor for Your Job
- First, you should make sure that you know what you need to have done. A masonry contractor that specializes in restoration will have a slightly different skill set than one who specializes in installing new masonry.
- Search around using the internet, family members, and even businesses or homes that have had masonry work done.
- Never take the first bid you are offered by a single contractor. Instead, take the time to speak with at least two or three masonry contractors that work in your area to compare what they offer and their bids.
- Ask each contractor that you interview for references. Any experienced contractor will have multiple references to offer. Beyond simply asking for the references, make sure that you actually call them!
- Make sure that the masonry contractor has proof of licensing and insurance. Every contractor that you work with on your construction project needs to be licensed to work in the state that the work will be taking place. This is something that is especially important to pay attention to if you are near the border in the DC/MD/VA metropolitan area.
- Ask if the masonry contractor is bonded. If they are, that gives you a certain measure of protection if they cannot complete the masonry job for any reason. The bond will also protect you from any claims about unpaid subcontractors or supplies.
- Pay attention to more than price. While price can be an indicator of quality, that isn’t always the case. Many skilled masonry contractors that are just getting started on their own business might price low until they gain a customer base.
Your Preferred Masonry Restoration Professional Is Del Prete Masonry
If you are ready to upgrade your home or commercial building with professional masonry installation or replacement, Del Prete Masonry has the experience and expertise to get the job done right for the right price. To explore our residential and commercial services and set up a consultation, please give us a call at 410-683-0650 or contact us online. We currently serve Baltimore City and County, Harford County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel County, and Howard County. To see examples of our work and get more updates, follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and Pinterest.