Whether you’re looking to have a masonry structure retouched, repaired, demolished, or constructed from scratch, deciding on the masonry contractor that’s best for the job can be a difficult choice to make. Del Prete Masonry is here with a few tips for finding a masonry contractor that will do the job right the first time.
- Know exactly what you want done and communicate it clearly. Masonry contractors employ specific specialists for certain kinds of work. Let them know exactly what you’re looking for so they can determine if they have the appropriate staff available for your project.
- Be patient and search thoroughly. Ask your friends and family for advice or endorsements on masonry contractors they’ve hired. While word of mouth is a fine way to discover a few available contractors, it’s also well worth examining consumer review websites and the like to get a sense of a company’s overall quality.
- Don’t accept the first bid you get, or the lowest one. Make arrangements to meet with at least three masonry contractors and be sure to get an itemized quote that breaks down the price of each element of your project. Absurdly low bids may lead to hidden costs popping up later or shoddy materials being used in the construction.
- Find references. Make sure previous customers of a potential Maryland masonry contractor are generally satisfied with the work they had done, and do the necessary digging to locate any unsatisfied customers wo may have legitimate complaints.
- Ask for proof of insurance and licensing. A masonry contractor must be licensed to perform work in Maryland. A license is the most basic guarantee any contractor can provide towards their professional knowledge and level of skill. It is illegal for any masonry contractor to work in Maryland without a license. Similarly it’s important to know that your Masonry contractor is properly insured. They’ll need to have both general liability and workers’ insurance to cover employees if they are injured.
Want a Reliable Maryland Masonry Contractor?
Call Delprete Masonry. As Maryland’s foremost experts on masonry repair, construction, and demolition, our skilled teams have what it takes to provide you with the very best in masonry contracting. At Del Prete Masonry, we’ve got the answers you’re looking for.
To find out more about your masonry repair options, please contact our office today at 410-683-0650 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We serve Baltimore City, County, Harford County, Carroll County, Anne Arundel County, and Howard County. Keep up with our blog for masonry related information, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Google+.